Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Eight Random Facts and an Update

Nicole tagged me on this thing where I'm supposed to tell 8 random things about myself that not many people know. Except that most people who know me also know that I'm almost an open book, so there's not much that people who know me don't know. Did you get all that? Here's my best shot:

1. Within 24 hours (last Friday evening-Saturday evening) this happened: I walked out of my office for the last time, my car was broken into, and my dad broke his leg.

2. I have found a great living situation in Seattle already. My future roommate seems like a great match for me...she's also relocating (from Philly) for a doctoral program (not mine) and has bought a huge, awesome condo that she wants to share to help with the mortgage. Enter Pegs. Move-in is September 1st, 2007 and I am EX-CITED!

3. My cute little Wilbert has the WORST GAS EVER. Of any living thing.

4. I talk in my sleep. In 8th grade, I went out to eat with friends and then we had a sleepover. At dinner, we had this really cute waiter that I proceeded to gush over in my dreams that night for all of them to hear. Fab.

5. Boys who are good listeners rock my little world.

6. Last summer/fall, I contemplated pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing with a non-fiction emphasis. I researched, acquired school info, everything. Then realized that higher education is the direction for me. I still love to write.

7. When I come home, I immediately get into "something more comfortable" (read: pj's).

8. I have Shy Bladder Syndrome. If I think someone else can hear me, I find it impossible to go. It's part of my charm.

I'm supposed to tag people to continue this, but most of the bloggers I know already have been tagged. Soooo. I will choose Uyen, Angie, Allie, and Marcy.

Update:
The car window is fixed and the cd/stereo that was stolen will be replaced at some point (possibly when I get the whole car replaced). My grandmother called a few hours after I found my car to tell me that my father managed to break his leg at work. Oy. I have since found out that the femur bone in his right leg (yeah, the biggest bone in a human body) just flat out broke and his leg fell out from under him. He had surgery on Sunday to have a pin put in his leg and is now being transported later this week to another hospital where he will stay for 2-3 weeks doing physical therapy. So now, I am trying to hurry and get up outta Denton and down to Corpus.

Good times!
PS Once I leave Denton, Pops doesn't have the internet and Grandma has dial-up so expect email/blogs to be few and far between. Try the cell for a quicker response!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Well, I didn't know all of those - especially Wilbert's gas issues. :)

Sorry to hear about your dad! Your living situation sounds perfect!!

Also, to answer your question, I'm moving back to the states because I am here on a student visa and because I have work waiting for me when I go back. Simon is really keen on moving to the US - so no worries on that end. :)

Abby said...

You obviously haven't smelled anything coming out of MY boyfriend. :-)

It's a little scary to think that something as cute as Wilbert could make gas worse than his.