Saturday, July 29, 2006

My Lopsided Man-Magnet

Recently, I came to realize that Wilbert's head is slightly lopsided. One of his floppy ears starts further on top of his head than the other (the right one, for the curious). Also, his nose goes off to the right. Doesn't matter, he's still dang cute.

So cute, that my little bug (that's what I call him, for those who haven't had the pleasure of hearing it first-hand...I say it in my "widdle biddy puppy" voice too) has been the source of not one, not two, but THREE conversations with some very nice-looking men in the apartment complex. While we did have one more brief run-in with Mr. Boxer-Briefs (no pun intended), Wilbert's usefulness greatly improved over the course of last week as these guys kept coming up to me, reminscing over wienie dogs from their past and introducing themselves.

I found out yesterday that Denton just opened a dog park. Well, I bet you know where I'm going to be headed regularly with Wilbert. For his benefit of exercise, mind you. It's all about Wilbert. Not about the likelihood of meeting fellow dog lovers who happen to be good-looking single men. Nope. It's all about Wilbert.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! -- Karina

Anonymous said...

lop sided puppies are rather cuter (more cute?), rather for pity or just plain looks who knows! :) I'm stoked about Mexico. I want to call you this week. I'll shoot for after work hours :) HUGS!! -allie :) <><

Senegal Daily said...

I'm sure the widdle bitty puppy is still cute, even lopsided. Remember how cute Bud was with his big ol' bat ears that "tuned in" to sounds?

Have fun at the dog park!! Sounds like a great place to get stories for the blog. Take photos of any pet owners who look like their pets!

Abby said...

I'm coming to Denton to go man-huntin' with Miss Pegs!! WOOWOO!