Friday, April 21, 2006

The only thing that doesn't change...

Is change.

After job-hunting and doctoral program-hunting for nearly a year, I have accepted an academic advisor position at the University of North Texas in their School of Visual Arts (www.art.unt.edu). The SOVA is one of the most comprehensive programs of its kind in the country...several people have asked what exactly "visual arts" means. Well, it's anything artsy that is NOT performance (music, drama)...the UNT SOVA includes programs in sculpting, fashion design, interior design, ceramics, photography, metalsmithing & jewelry, printmaking, art history, art education and more. Like I said, comprehensive. :)

UNT is located in Denton, TX, which is about 30 minutes north of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. So I get the big city without having to be IN the big city. There is another large university in Denton, Texas Womans U, so Denton is a "college town" but has lots to offer that isn't necessarily "college-related".

Those of you who know me well at all know that I LOVE changes! I love new opportunities and challenges! I am so excited to start a new experience...the moving date is May 17th!


The University of North Texas "Mean Green"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Peggy. You don't know me very well but this is Karina from FBC (one of Beth's friends also). I pray good things for you and your life. Keep honoring God in all you do and you cannot fail. Blessings!
Karina

Anonymous said...

Hey Peggy!! I'm excited for you, but I'll be sad that you're leaving. Oh well...ROAD TRIPS! Here's my "blog" thing. I hate being another statistic a part of the Blogginess of the day and age, but it's a good way to keep up with folks...lata p.s. this is allie... :)http://www.xanga.com/boogerforjesus

Anonymous said...

http://www.invisiblechildren.com/media/pdfs/GNC_details.pdf

Senegal Daily said...

Let us know when you have a new address!!