Sunday, August 14, 2005

dressers, showers, and condos

Since I've only NOT been in school for 3 of the last 50 weeks (that's 2 weeks shy of a year, mathemeticians), I have been absolutely clueless about what to do with all this wonderful time on my hands. Soooo....the danger of free time is, I found a new hobby--painting!! Not artwork, not walls, but furniture!


behold, the dresser

With summer comes...family reunions! So all the ladies related to Lacey (in case you've forgotten, refer to my July 31st entry) finally came together for a baby shower. A really cute idea I hadn't thought of...everyone was to bring a favorite children's story as a gift.



I thought I was being a genius (and dang cute, too) when I thought to give Lauren & Lacey Pat the Bunny , one of my all-time favorites...turns out I thought along the same lines as 2 others and they now have a copy of Pat the Bunny for each room of the house!


Sallie made it back in town and we celebrated at Jason's Deli...yum!Yes, Sallie (L) and Katy (R) are posed!

However, Chrissy, our little traveler, left Corpus after only about 36 hours since her return from the Phillippines, and went to a wedding over the weekend in Oklahoma...we missed her so much that we tried to make "Espina bread", this amazing bread Chrissy's Lola (grandmother) made all the time when she lived here. It's ahh-mazing!


Jennifer, Christine & Amy working out their sadness over Chrissy's absence

Twice a year, Amy's family gets this condo out on the Island (yes, Padre Island--all you "beach lovin' but don't live on the coast" people can eat your heart out!) and she graciously invites us to hang out over the weekend. Great food and lots of sun (which my white self deserately needs) made for a good time, plus my brilliant med-school friend Ashley happened to be down for the weekend!


Why does summer ever have to end? (sigh)

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

So how about a recipe for that famous bread, Nabou?

Senegal Daily said...

Oh! And I LOVE your dresser! Very well-done. Wanna come paint ours?