Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Texas Delights

Landing in Dallas, where it was 70 degrees on the nose and not a cloud in the sky
Arriving at Uyen's, leaving my stuff in the hall, and walking directly to the backyard where I lay on the patio for the next 2 hours
A little girl in the backyard across yelling, "Mama! Someone's dead over there!" after watching me laying there, not moving, for 2 hours
Having a sunburned face and tummy at the end of said 2 hours (having been in TX for only 4 hours at that point)
Having all my girls come over the first night, talking for hours
A cake by Cookie w/mmm-mmm penuche icing
Being in a place where no one thinks I have an accent
Napping with Grandma
A smertz from Grandma
Sleeping with Tony & Bella (Uyen's wienie dogs)
Girl talk...and talk...and talk...and...
Morning Starbucks with Marce
Mr. Chopsticks with Sara
Seeing Cookie's engagement ring, not in a facebook picture, but in person
Leaving my wretched cell charger and having to buy a new one in CC
Kitchen time with the O'Callaghan's
Renting "The Great Outdoors"
Meeting Christine's beau, Carl
A whole day of Amy
Strealy burgers
Stephen's hug
Laughing til I cried (and snorted!) at stories we've told thousands of times
Watching SNL in the Strealy's family room
My Favorite Muffin with Katy & Esther
6-packin' with the O'Cs and Cameron
Hanging out with college kids in a not professional setting
La Playa--enchiladas or quesadillas...or both?
Dinners with Daddy
Seeing Daddy retire after 39 years with the PO
Breakfast w/Royce & Cynthia, a super fun duo
Hearing country music in every store/restaurant
Pat Green and Tejano on the radio
Making Katy drive-thru Chick-fil-a with me b/c I HAD to have it before leaving TX
Thinking "Chrissy who?" because I forgot I actually know Chris from CC, not Seattle
Waving goodbye to the Espina clan as Chrissy & I boarded for Seattle

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Love this wrap-up! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Senegal Daily said...

Good grief. Sounds busy. Great, but busy!

Anonymous said...

And why wasn't lunch with Icy mentioned??