Friday, October 12, 2007

This is how tired I am by Thursday evening...

Do I have a story for you, my faithful blog readers.

I visited my neighbor's church recently and met a community group leader who invited me to come check out his group. So, last Tuesday I met with him to find out more about the church and his group, so I'd know at least one person before showing up. He also offered to pick me up on his way so I didn't have to try to find it on a bus route (very nice, these Seattle people).

So, on Thursday, I am waiting at the place where he said he'd pick me up, near the UW. I'm also on the phone with a friend, so mildly distracted. I should mention that I don't really care or know anything about cars. So even though I had actually been in his car just 2 days before, all I remembered was that it was silver.

At the appointed time, a silver car pulled up, so I walked over. I opened the door. I GOT IN.

And it was someone else.

This guy looked at me like I was crazy, but he didn't say anything. I think he was probably too shocked that a stranger had just walked up and gotten in his car.

So, I said, "Oops, I thought you were someone else," and got out of his car.

I then had to continue standing right in front of this guy's car until my actual ride pulled up, about 5 minutes later.

And that was Thursday.

10 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

That is fanstastic, my Pegs.

And just think...somewhere out there he could be posting a blog about this crazy woman who hopped in his car!

Uyen said...

This is the best thing I've heard all week

Esther said...

Peggy, I heard the story last night from Melissa. I laughed and laughed. I miss you.

Sara said...

This seriously made my day. Thanks.

Erik Pieniazek said...

i did that once but it was at my high school and the person kinda knew me. Your story was much funnier.

Thanks putting an link to my blog. I leave for For ILC on Tuesday morning. I cant wait.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing - that is such a great story. I have a few friends who are going to love it!!

Swiftyjess said...

I'll have to tell Heather this story.
Will it frighten you to know that this is something *I* would do?
Jessica in Seattle

Anonymous said...

Mwaaahahahaaaa...that is freakin hilarious! You totally made my night Pegs!

Lynne said...

Hey, Peggy ~

Great story - made my day! Only you!!! Email me sometime and I'll fill you in on all the Art happenings, as I'm hearing them! Weird stuff going on over there - be glad, be very, very glad, you are out of there!!!

Abby said...

I'm embarassed to admit I've done THAT VERY THING before. I might even blog about it.

It won't turn out as funny as yours, though. :-)