Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's gettin' fo' realz, yo!

So that's my ebonics way of saying that the move to Seattle is finally right around the corner, and it's becoming very real.

I am leaving Corpus Christi in just 9 days and will head to Denton to pick up my friend Marcy who's making the LONG drive with me. I'll get to go to The Village and home group one more time and see friends from Denton. Then, it's 3 days on the road to arrive in Seattle on September 1st!

Ways that the move is seeming fo' realz yo...

**I just filled out my change of address form.
**I'm talking with my roommate about getting the key from her.
**I bought packing materials so I can ship some of my stuff.
**I'm doing my "last time to..." stuff in Corpus.
**The address on my resume is finally in Seattle.
**Friends in Corpus have decided to do a goodbye party THIS WEEKEND before I go.
**I've started having major separation anxiety b/c I have to leave Wilbert in Texas until January. Sniff, sniff.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the update, Pegs!! I hope the move goes well for you!

Anonymous said...

Why are you leaving Wilbert until January? Ah...he's sooooo cute!!!

Senegal Daily said...

That's a tough spot to be in: excited but not quiiiite ready to let go. I felt that way at the end of Senegal and after our wedding. But in both cases, as you have now, I had the assurance that I was doing what GOD had planned and prepared me for.

Enjoy the ride!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

why can't wilbert go with you?? ithink i wouldbe very sad if ihad to leave my munchkin!
Though my momis taking her in October until we move back to LR for Sam's job!
Good luck with the move!