Sunday, October 16, 2005

the cooks and the cook-nots

Well thank God that He puts people in my life at all times who I like to call the cooks and the cook-nots. The cooks are there so I don't starve, and the cook-nots are there so I don't feel bad about not being a cook. (Yes, it's all about me.)

In Cote d'Ivoire, the cook was Robin and the cook-not was me. In Senegal, the cook was Kari and the cook-nots were Kate and myself (left to our own devices, Kate and I ate peanut butter on baguette and blew up our friends with the gas oven!).

Nowadays, Amy is our ever-cheerful cook and Christine, Chrissy and I are the cook-nots. (Let me add an aside here: Although I'm not a cook, I am a great dishwasher and that's where I make myself a worthy roommate and friend.) So Amy invited us over to have brunch on Saturday. Yum!


Josh waves out the smoke from cooking a little too "well."


Christine, me, and Amy doing "brunch"


Chrissy and I are tired from "helping."


And finally, breakfast a la Amy was served!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of the blogs
Lost in the academic commentary on the nomination of Harriet Miers is the fact that she is ... FreePA.org ( freepa.org ) Our favorite part of the story comes when Perzel, who has famously said that cow milkers in Lancaster County knock down $50,000 to $55,000 a year, settled down onto a bale of hay to read to the kids, surrounded by paper ...
Hi you've got a great blog here, the best I've seen so far for Unsecured loans related. Keep up the good job! I found a similar Unsecured loans related website yesterday, check it out. Looks like the
Unsecured loans related site does not have a blog yet, so check them out at their company site.

Senegal Daily said...

Yes, Pegs. You are an AMAZING dishwasher. I am looking forward to those skills in December :)However, you have many other fine roommate qualities: your nose was smart enough not be allergic to Bud P. Marley, you own(ed) Save the Last Dance and Friends, and you let me cut your hair...just to name a few.
- K